Sunday, September 26, 2010

Realization

As I'm sitting in the bar watching football with my girlfriends, a plate of wings in front of me and a tall frosty Sprite, I had a realization.  I am happy.

Happy in the fact that it's exciting to rediscover who I am, what I like and what I want to be.  Happy in the fact that although my marriage didn't work out, at least I had the opportunity to be in a relationship and had love in my life.  My life is fuller, more enriched now that I've had this alternate path.  I love that I feel okay with everything going on.  Part of me wishes that I could bring back the happiness that my ex and I once had, however it didn't last for a reason and I believe that we are given what we are given to make ourselves stronger.

For the first time in my life, I'm going to put my dreams ahead of my realizations.  I am going to work to do whatever I have to do to get where I want as I am tired of dreaming.  I want this to be my life and make my choices mirror what I desire.  Above all, I know that no matter what, my best friends and my family will give me the reminders of what I need to make it.  And no one person, is going to stop me.

No comments:

Post a Comment