Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Newly Divorced

Newly Divorced.  That sounds weird doesn't it.  How about on to road to true happiness or no longer having to worry about how this will disrupt someone else's life?  Either way, that's what I'm  heading for and I'm okay with it.  My (soon to be ex) husband and I made it a whopping 2.5 years.  amazing.  I'm a statistic.

I hate to admit that I really enjoy being single, but I sincerely am enjoying it.  I've been so busy I've hardly been home.  It's amazing how many people want to do stuff with you when you dump something they didn't like...it's like leaving behind that stinky old sofa that no one would sit on but you.  Now everyone wants to sit on your new sofa.

Other than the new sofas (which I have 2 now) and the new bedsheets, curtains, etc, there is other new things too.  One is starting to figure out that I know what I want to be when I grow up.  I feel less like Peter Pan and have a Wendy aspect on life.  Unless you saw Hook, then in that version I'm more like...okay sorry.
Anyway, I made a list of things that I will be doing over the next year or so.  Now 1 or 2 of these will be  work in progress (WIP), however I'm definitely setting these goals to be started this year.  Here goes:
1.  Continue to look for a new job
2.  Save up to move
3.  Enroll in School
4.  Start to learn a new language
5.  Remember my family & friends
6.  Try to become more activie and even try 1 new activity
7.  Stick with the lifestyle eating changes
8.  HAVE FUN!!!

As I made my list I realized the one thing lacking most from my life in the last few years is fun.  Sad really as I thought I was with someone to help make my life fun, needless to say it was only frustrating and interesting.  Interesting as in wow, thats a big bug on the wall.

I'll keep you posted on the list, but the #1 task is on it's way and #5 is going well.  #6 is starting next month and #7 I already started and I've had some great results. :) yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment